To confirm your reservation, we need a DOWN PAYMENT PER PERSON which can be paid using the methods detailed below. This down payment is NON-REFUNDABLE if you give up the activity 30 days before from the start and payable at the exchange rate of the day. PLEASE NOTE: Your place on the trip is not confirmed until the deposit and all relevant paperwork (such as passport details and scans of ISIC cards) have been received. Please email confirmation of your deposit to the person you are making a reservation with, to speed confirmation of your trip.
- Paypal – We will send you a request for payment according to the number of people and the price of each activity.
- Payment in Cusco – The balance of your payment can be paid upon arrival in Cusco. We prefer this amount payable in CASH (Soles or Dollars). There are many centrally located ATMs in Cusco which dispense both currencies. Sorry, we cannot accept torn, dirty or marked US dollars.
2. Completed Passenger Details Form for each Passenger
- In case of emergency we take no responsibility if we have been supplied inadequate information.
- As we are local guides and we practice lower prices, we do not offer insurance for the activity. The trekker must take out travel insurance that covers the trekking activity. We indicate World Nomads.
- You need print this form, fill in, sign, scan and email to confirm your reservation.
3. Once we have received your Booking the following applies
- Once we receive your booking form and deposit you will be sent a trek confirmation (This confirmation may take up to 10 working days).
- This trek confirmation contains information about your pre trek briefing which is usually held 2 days prior to your trek at our office in Cusco. PLEASE read the FULL trek confirmation which answers many questions you will have about packing and other matters.
When making your booking please carefully revise the list of inclusions specific for your trek on the HIKE AUSANGATE website & contact us immediately if you require clarification.
General Booking Conditions
Hike Ausangate accept no responsibility whatsoever for cases of force majeure (unexpected or uncontrollable events) (according to law) or for passengers actions.
1. On registering for the tour, passengers accept the booking conditions and payment method, as well as the norms, rules and guarantees of Hike Ausangate described in this document.
2. Hike Ausangate cannot absolutely guarantee participants safety. We cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for client’s belongings, equipment lost or damaged.
3. Hike Ausangate reserves the right to cancel or change any trip due to river, road, weather conditions, or political climate. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to client unsuitability because of age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication etc.
4. Any missed tours due to the above listed incidences (eg weather conditions or political climate) cannot be refunded or recuperated.
5. Hike Ausangate reserves the right to cancel the passenger’s place on a tour if they have not paid the total sum of the tour 24 hours prior to departure, UNLESS the passenger has made an alternative arrangement with Hike Ausangate staff.
6. In the case where damages are caused to third parties, all the expenses claimed from Hike Ausangate that originate from the above-mentioned incident will be charged to the client, who will have no right to later claims.
7. When a passenger cancels their trip, the refund shall be according to the decision taken by Hike Ausangate, according to the booking conditions.
8. If you wish to travel on or during a special Peruvian holiday or on an election day there will be a slight increase in your trip cost. This is because people are fined in Peru if they don´t vote. So if you trek occurs during election time, we will use this increased cost to pay staff a bonus so they can pay their fines.
9. Change Policy – If you wish to change the date of departure/ and or route of your trek after making the reservation/deposit, there will be a USD50 per person fee to make the change, except if the change is made in the 48 hours prior to the trek, when the change will cost USD100 per person.
10. Terms of booking for treks.
- 50% deposit on booking for alternative treks.
- Full payment is required 24h prior to departure.
- Cancellation in the 30 days prior to departure, no refund.
11. Payment of your deposit is deemed to be CONFIRMATION that the Client has read and accepts the booking conditions.
12. Health and Fitness Requirements
Participants must be in good health and physical condition and are strongly advised to follow our pre-departure fitness training recommendations, where offered and/or necessary. Your acceptance of these booking conditions and payment of a deposit indicate you believe you are of sufficient physical condition to participate in this tour and have satisfied yourself of this through consultation with an appropriate medical professional. If you suffer from severe muscular, chest, heart or bronchial disorders, or if you are a severe asthmatic, or have high blood pressure, you are strongly advised against participating. Tours take place in remote areas where there is little or no access to normal medical services or hospital facilities for serious problems. Where necessary, evacuation can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. Medical and evacuation expenses will be the responsibility of the Client, for this reason it is recommended that you are strongly encouraged to take out appropriate travel insurance. Hike Ausangate reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse a Client the right to participate in a tour on medical or fitness grounds.
13. Medical Disclosure
Your payment of a deposit is declaration that:
- You are in good health and mental and physical fitness at the time of booking this tour;
- You have disclosed to Hike Ausangate every matter concerning your health and mental and physical fitness of which you are aware, or ought reasonably be expected to know, that is relevant to Hike Ausangate’s decision to permit you to go on the tour;
- Upon any adverse change in your health or fitnes that may be likely to affect Hike Ausangate’s decision to accept the risk of permitting you to go on the tour, you will IMMEDIATELY notify Hike Ausangate in writing of any such adverse change.
You acknowledge that the obligation to disclose under this condition continues from the time of booking the tour through to departure and extends for the duration of the tour. If you fail to comply with the duty of disclosure in this condition and if Hike Ausangate would not have permitted you to undertake the tour, or continue participation of the tour, had you made full disclosure under this condition, Hike Ausangate will not be liable, for personal injury, death or property damage or loss incurred by you.
14. Travel Insurance
We strongly recommend that you have your own travel insurance prior to booking one of our treks. Please see cancellation policy above. If you are unable to travel and have travel insurance then these deposits should be covered. (you need to check your policy) Passengers have responsibility to ensure that their travel or medical insurance policy covers the activity in which they are participating. Please note that the non refundable deposit should be able to be recuperated through a travel insurance claim in the case of accident or illness.
15. Release and Waiver of Liability
In consideration of Hike Ausangate accepting your booking application and in consideration of you being permitted by Hike Ausangate to join the tour:
You release Hike Ausangate and its owners and employees from all cost, liability, loss or damage incurred or suffered by you directly or indirectly during the course of the tour/trek and resulting from your personal injury, illness or death or damage to or loss of your property
You waive any claims that you have, or may at any time have, against Hike Ausangate and its employees and you agree, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risk associated with the tour, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Hike Ausangate or its employees in respect of any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour.
16. Hire of Equipment
If you hire equipment from Hike Ausangate, you are responsible for this equipment for the entire length of the tour and you agree to play repair/replacement costs if broken or lost.
I acknowledge that this is an adventure tour and that there are risks involved. I have read, understood and accept the booking conditions of Hike Ausangate, including the conditions regarding refunds.